Within this page links to the key publications describing the development of the CAT are provided. You may cite or quote from these references in your protocol, analysis plan and subsequent publication.
The bibliography covers global experience with the CAT in clinical situations, demonstrating the responsiveness of the CAT when used to evaluate therapeutic interventions and onset and recovery from exacerbations. Production of the bibliography uses standard literature search terms on Medline, Embase, PubMed, Scopus & Searchlight, it does not include reference to all studies which have utilised CAT as an outcome measure. For these studies, searches of other resources should be made.
The links below will take you to a non-GSK website. GSK does not recommend, endorse or accept liability for sites controlled by third-parties.
1. Jones PW. Harding G, Wiklund I, et al. Improving the process and outcome of care in COPD: development of a standardised assessment tool. Prim Care Resp J 2009: 18 (3): 208-215.
https://www.nature.com/articles/pcrj200953 (last accessed: 05/17/2022)
2. Jones PW, Harding G, Berry P, et al. Development and first validation of the COPD Assessment Test. Eur Respir J 2009: 34: 648-654
http://erj.ersjournals.com/content/34/3/648.full (last accessed: 05/17/2022)
3. Jones PW, Harding G, Wiklund I, Berry P, Tabberer M, Yu R, Kline Leidy N. Tests of the responsiveness of the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) assessment TestTM (CAT) following acute exacerbations and pulmonary rehabilitation. Chest 2012:142:134-140
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22281796 (last accessed: 05/17/2022)
4. Jones PW, Tabberer M, Chen W. Creating scenarios of the impact of copd and their relationship to copd assessment test (CATTM) scores. BMC Pulmonary Medicine 2011; 11: 42
https://bmcpulmmed.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2466-11-42 (last accessed: 05/17/2022)
5. Gupta, N., Pinto, L. M., Morogan, A., & Bourbeau, J. The COPD assessment test: a systematic review. Eur Respir J 2014: 44: 873-884
http://erj.ersjournals.com/content/44/4/873.long (last accessed: 05/17/2022)